At the intersection of St. Florian and the Jagiellonska streets stands a former House of Veterans 1863 Uprising, which commemorates the sign attached. Building was built between 1896 and 1900 at the initiative of the Russian Red Cross as an institution for the widows of the fallen soldiers of Russia. Originally a small corner of the building was topped with a dome, and housed an orthodox chapel under it. The building started to function as a home for the surviving veterans of the January Uprising in 1924. In independent Poland, the first house of veterans was placed in part post Russian buildings in place where nowadays is a popular catwalk for bears from the Warsaw Zoo, opposite to the Cathedral. Magnificent corner entrance has been renovated by the current user of the building: the Diocese of Warsaw-Prague. Unfortunately, during the renovation part of the original details adorning the building has been irretrievably erased.