At Sierakowskiego street No. 7, between Okrzei and Klopotowskiego streets, there stands the Jewish Academic House built in 1924-26 by the design of Henry Sztifelman. It was raised for students of Jewish origin, studying at universities in Warsaw and could accommodate 300 peoples. During the World War II the Prague Hospital resided here, because hospitals own buildings were occupied by the German army back then. After the invasion of the Soviet troops dormitory housed the NKVD and later the Regional Security Office (which is reminded by the sign next to the main entrance of the building). Nowadays, the building is used by the police. In the lobby among old decorations the panorama image of the Old Town was placed, depicting the Old Town as seen from the Prague riverbank of Vistula.