Exactly opposite to the Old Town, at the mouth of the Slasko-Dabrowski Bridge, Prague welcomes us with soaring towers of the Cathedral by the Veterans of 1863 Square. It is located at the intersection of Solidarnosci Avenue and Sierakowski Street. It has a semicircle shape and two more intersecting streets, Florianska and Olszowa. The square was laid out in 1865 and originally bore the name Alexandrinksy Square in honor of Tsar Alexander II. It received its present name in the interwar period. The square was originally laid out on full circle shape with a characteristic star-shaped arrangement of streets around it. However, up to today only part of the original urban concept survived.